Colors are magnificent! The world is filled with colors. There are many colors that decorate our lives. It is the beauty of colors that make a blank canvas stand out and a child’s wonderful drawing come to life, even if it is on your kitchen wall. Just about everyone has a favorite color. Each of The Goodees have a favorite color, too. Let’s explore some of the basic colors. Also see if you can identify the colors in “Color Caprichosa“. Help your child to identify, say and spell the names of each color.
BLUE ORANGE GREEN
PINK PURPLE RED
Communication is universal no matter what species or gender. It is the pathway to understanding the needs, wants, likes and dislikes of others. People mostly use words to express what they want or need however, animals use sounds to communicate. Each animal has a specific sound that helps to identify the type of animal they are. Wollie, Alex, PePe and Stuie are animals that love to communicate. Below are four animal sounds. Which animal sound matches the correct Goodee character?
- A PERSON
There are so many ways and languages that can be used to greet someone. For example, people in America sometimes say, “hi” or “hey” when they greet someone. In different countries, people greet others in their native language. Some greetings are formal and others are informal. Below are different ways to greet people in different languages. As you may already know, each Goodee character speaks a different language. Do you remember who speaks what language and uses which greeting? If you are unsure refer back to The Goodees book to help jog your memory or back to the Goodees Introduction blogs.
Who speaks English and says, HELLO?
Who speaks French and says, BONJOUR?
Who speaks Mandarin and says, NI HAO?
Who speaks Spanish and says, HOLA?
- NAME: Stuie
- PARENTS: Cheng & Mei
- AGE: 5 yrs. old
- DOB: 2/17
- BIRTH PLACE: CHINA
- NATIVE LANGUAGE: Mandarin
- SIBLINGS: Only child
- BEST FRIEND: Wollie, Alex, & PePe because they’re AWESOME
- FAVORITE FOOD: Yummy French Fries, yes I like french fries
- FAVOTITE SUBJECT: Mathematics, I like numbers
- FAVORITE COLOR: Blue or we say “Lan se” in Mandarin
- FAVORITE SHAPE: A rectangle because it’s long like a ruler with numbers on it
- FAVORITE BOOK: Zin! Zin! Zin! A Violin by Llyod Moss & Marjorie Priceman
- FAVORITE INSTRUMENT: The Violin
- FAVORITE THINGS TO DO: Counting, listening to music, playing with my friends, and learning chinese checkers